Army Rescue Operation Initiated for the recovery of John Snorri, Ali Sadpara, and Juan Pablo Mohr at K2
Army Rescue Operation Initiated for the recovery of John Snorri, Ali Sadpara, and Juan Pablo Mohr at K2. It’s already been more than 30 hours, we (at basecamp) have received no news of John Snorri, Ali Sadpara, and Juan Pablo Mohr. 5th Feb at 1 AM PKT John, Ali, and Sajid starting their final summit push from C III, Juan Pablo (No O2) joined the team.
Yesterday noon, Ali’s son (Sajid) reported from C III that they were together till Bottle Neck around 10 AM PKT, all were fine and in a good shape and heading toward the summit, due to the problem with his oxygen regulator Sajid had to return to C III from Bottle Neck.
Read More: places to Visit in Hunza
Sajid waited for Ali, John, and Juan Pablo for more than 20 hours with the belief, they will make it to the summit and descend back to C III, convinced him to descend down-he already left C III, he has been up too high for too long, he will be more exhausted, and not able to help them if they return.
I told 2 of the Sherpas (Temba Bhote and Phurbu Kusang) of nepali team to stay stand by at C I to prepare food and hot water for Sajid and also incase Sajid needs help on the way back. Received confirmed message from Army, they sent two helicopters along with 2 Pakistani Climbers, for Search and Rescue mission. The pilot has been instructed to take the flight up as maximum as possible, it’s very low temperature and 35+ KM wind above 6500m.
At the basecamp, now we have prepared oxygen bottles, high foods, masks, and regulators for 2 Pakistani climbers (HAP). Now at Basecamp – Waiting Army Helicopter